As a Product Owner in the DNS PM group you are a key member of the Agile Scrum team and will represent the voice of both the customer and Product Managers to execute product vision. The Product Owner works closely with Product Management, stakeholders, and architects to define and prioritize features and stories, to ensure alignment with customer and program needs, and maximize value of development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
- As the voice of the customer to the Agile Scrum / Kanban teams, articulate product expectations
- Engage and participate in all Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Articulate and refine requirements / stories and define acceptance criteria in a manner understandable to the Agile Scrum / Kanban Team (e.g., INVEST)
- Own, maintain, and prioritize the agile product backlog
- Define sprint and program increment goals and objectives with the team
- Demonstrate products to internal F5 stakeholders
- Identify and manage dependencies across Teams within the product / solution
- Define business objectives and customer expectations for Program Increments
- Partner with Product Development and other partner teams to prepare for PI (Program Increment) planning and Big-Room Planning
- Convene and lead technical discussions with engineering as part of articulating and refining requirements and understanding engineering realities
- Communicate trade-offs between customer expectations and engineering realities to Product Management stakeholders and align on prioritization
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry trends and best practices and constantly exchange ideas
- Knowledge of BIG-IP DNS and GLB desired. Experience with Service Provider vertical is plus.
- Demonstrates effective team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Demonstrated working experience within a SAFe or Agile methodology and utilizing agile practices
- Strong facilitation skills within teams and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Balance of technical and business acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have biggest impact on business.
- Knowledge of network and security technologies including TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, HTTP/2, UDP and DNS
- Be familiar with modern software CI / CD practices including test driven development and usage of GitHub.
- Exposure to VMware, OpenStack, Docker and Kubernetes or similar a plus.
- Experience with agile tools such as Jira a plus.
- 2+ years of related experience with a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, business management or related disciplines; or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience analyzing and documenting business requirements and communicating them to technical teams in the role of business analyst, program manager, or product owner
- Training and certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO) or as a certified scrum product owner (CSPO) preferred
- Experience in network and application infrastructure technologies