This position is on the Home Health and Hospice team.
In this position you will:
* Demonstrate competency in identifying and providing feedback regarding billing needs, recommending and implementing creative solutions to meet those needs consistent with available resources, appropriate procedures, internal controls for new and existing systems and coordinating efforts with other team members and departments.
* Coordinate contacts with all third party representatives, i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, Group Health, Veterans Administration, Managed Care Companies, and others as required resolving issues related to outstanding claims.
* Develop and maintain knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, rules and regulations by updating manuals and monitoring web sites to maintain regulatory compliance throughout areas of risk. Works closely with team regarding Medicare/Medicaid and Managed Care changes/updates.
* Maintain patient accounts by posting charges, cash receipts and adjustments. Monitor aged accounts receivables and maintains and reconciles daily census reports. Assist accountants in balancing specific general ledger accounts as they relate to receivables, and cash receipts. May prepare and pursue collection on delinquent accounts.
* Maintain all appropriate schedules needed to bill efficiently (UPINs, A/R codes, ICD9 and CPTs codes, price lists, etc.) Assist in planning for new or upgraded financial systems and coordinates the implementation process among the finance users, information services staff and other parties.
* Prepare and maintain, throughout the year, Medicare/Medicaid cost report logs as required by Fiscal Intermediaries (FI). Prepare credit balance reports for submission to FI on a quarterly basis.