We are looking for staff with an innovative spirit, fully committed to the patient experience, to join us at our new South Lake Union Medical Center.
Provide nursing care to a designated population of patients. Participate in patient assessment and the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the care plan. The ARNP is an integral member of the Health Care team and has authority to admit or refer patients, prescribe medications and treatments and order tests.
- Demonstrates current technical skills in all areas of practice. Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic judgment. Supports cooperative clinical initiatives. Seeks appropriate and timely consultations. Actively works to continually learn and apply new skills, pathways, etc. Practices according to KFHPW approved procedures, guidelines, protocols.
- Cooperates and treats co-workers with courtesy and respect. Shares pertinent patient information in a timely and thorough manner. Demonstrates flexibility; works within the team to help as needed. Demonstrates appropriate communication skills, both verbal and listening. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to provide appropriate care. Regularly attends and participates in practice team meetings.
- Treats patients with courtesy and respect. Demonstrates service excellence behaviors in teams and during consumer interactions. Participates in problem solving of consumer complaints. Actively participate in initiatives to increase patient access. Involves patient in management of care; is thorough in explanations and demonstrates caring and friendly attitude toward patients. Fulfills all duties as assigned by chief and department.
- Maintains a productive work schedule; meets department and organizational productivity guidelines. Identifies own learning needs and participates in continuing education programs to meet needs. Initial assessment and management of drop in-patients or patients who call and want to be seen urgently and who have previously been seen in the department. Makes appropriate and timely referrals. Admits to hospital appropriately and manages length of stay if applicable. Referrals to external providers are consistent with protocols.
- Orders lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests appropriately. Routinely and appropriately uses technology provided by the organization to manage clinical practice and communicate effectively and in a timely manner (e.g., OACIS, results reporting, registries, Voicemail, Email) Understands KFHPW business and business environment. Actively works to solve problems/improve systems in constructive thorough manner. Focuses on customer needs and quality; actively encourage other to do so as well. Provides positive, constructive leadership for his/her care team and within dept.; enables and encourages others to participate and achieve high level of performance.
- Graduate degree in nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Washington State RN License is required by date of hire/transfer.
- Eligible for Washington State ARNP License by date of hire/transfer.
- National certification in primary or specialty field by date of hire/transfer.
- Communication, problem-solving, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- One (1) year of previous ARNP experience.
- Eligible for Prescriptive Authority within six (6) months of hire/transfer.
Primary Location: Washington,Seattle,Ballard Medical Center 1401 NW 46th St.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: Varies
Working Hours End: Varies
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: SEIU RN/ANRP
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Nursing Licensed
Department: Ballard Medical Center
Travel: NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.