- Aid in the installation of Windows/Doors and related products which include Vinyl, wood and aluminum windows; Steel, fiberglass and wood doors; Bay/bow and shaped windows; Insulated glass units; Carpentry-interior and exterior trim, creating and enlarging openings (headers, etc.), basic sheet rock and siding.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to improve skills.
- Listening and adhering to directions of Lead Installer/Foreman/Field Manager.
- Creation of shared leads and add-on-sales.
- Following company guidelines for safety, handbook requirements, timecards and any other management policies.
- Loading/Unloading of trucks with proper work materials and tools at beginning of work day.
- Restocking trucks with supplies needed for days projects.
- Review of job packet with Lead Installer/Foreman/Field Manager to understand necessary actions and formulate plans.
- Greeting customer in a friendly manner.
- Conveying scope of work needed to be accomplished and ensuring customer has understanding of scope.
- Preparing worksite which will include unloading materials and equipment from truck, laying drop cloths and ensuring customers’ homes are protected from potential harm by equipment.
- Assisting the Lead installer by retrieving equipment, setting up and working on ladders, planks and scaffolding.
- Working with power tools, most commonly: Power Nailer, Table saw, circular saw, reciprocating saw, chop saw.
- Proper disposal of waste and recyclable materials in company dumpsters.
- Daily reporting of project/issues/hours to Field manager.
- Working in Warehouse as fill in when requested.
- This position does not oversee any other employee.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Ability to use power tools, hand tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Providing personal hand tools (company provides power tools).
- Maintain clean and organized truck.
- Maintain professional presentation (clean uniform, acceptable grooming, courteous and professional communication with customers and co-workers)
- Mechanical/Carpentry knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- 75% or more of day spent standing, walking, crawling, crouching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and operating tools.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds multiple times a day.
- Comfortable working in extreme environmental conditions including but not limited to: Wet and humid weather, working near mechanical or moving parts, working on a ladder or roof, working in extreme cold or heat, in and around electrical, explosive or toxic conditions with the risk of shock, explosions and/or inhalation of particles and fumes.