Wage: $ 19.13 /hr.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and a robust wellness program
Work Schedule: Variable, Monday – Friday
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities”.
Only applications of individuals with disabilities will be considered at this time. *
To apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application and upload a resume.
Skookum is seeking a dedicated and reliable Janitor with a positive attitude. The Janitorial Team Lead is responsible for assisting the Janitorial Supervisor with the day and/or swing shift janitorial crew in all janitorial required activities at NBK Janitorial – Bangor, WA.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Coach, mentor and resolve employee concerns in a respectful and mutually beneficial manner.
- Monitor employees to ensure efficient use of time, performance and understanding of work tasks.
- Monitor employee interactions and conduct, documenting misconduct on designated Skookum forms.
- Assist Janitorial Supervisor with customer service to meet customer demands, ensuring QC inspections are corrected and followed up on in a timely manner.
- Assist Janitorial Supervisor with supply and equipment inventory of J-locker and storage areas.
- Assist Janitorial Supervisor with various reports- i.e., schedules, training, attendance, evaluations, various employee documentations, correct time keeping, accident reports.
- Responsible for performing all janitorial duties including but not limited to carpet spotting, restroom cleaning, office cleaning, emptying trash, restocking supplies, dusting, cleaning stairwells, cleaning portable showers, wet/dry mopping, sweeping, vacuuming and operating wet/dry vacuums. Driving to building locations may be involved.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a custodial capacity preferred.
- Must be a current Skookum employee.
- Experience in training and working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Experience with scheduling, report documentation preferred.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach, kneel, walk, stand and use repetitive motion for several hours at a time.
- Must have ability to work effectively under pressure and maintain stamina.
- Valid Driver’s license required. Must be able to obtain and maintain approval to operate a vehicle by Skookum’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access.
- Must be available to work all shifts including day, swing, night, or on-call.