The Branch Manager will be responsible for directing and supervising all work performed by field crews, sales and administrative support to the branch. Responsibilities include operations, sales, estimating, oversight of administrative functions, and safety of all branch employees as well as productivity of field and office staff. This position will ensure the branch's profitability by managing the budget, controlling expenses, ensuring quality control and building/maintaining customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements a business plan, including goals and action items for growth, profitability, safety, customer satisfaction and training.
- Develops forecasts, financial objectives and metrics in support of the business plan. Manages budget, controls expenses and allocates fund appropriately.
- Identifies and markets services to existing and new customers including competitive pricing with existing market conditions, cultivating customer relationships, and providing quality workmanship.
- Oversees the selection of projects to pursue, reviews bids and proposals, and provides direction to the sales department.
- Monitors projects in progress to ensure quality control, cost compliance, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Schedules, sets deadlines and communicates project expectations for field operations to ensure timely completion of projects. Organizes resources, provides direction and assists in resolving problems.
- Maintains and enhances customer relationships by troubleshooting and addressing issues promptly and accurately.
- Recruits, trains, develops and retention of qualified employees. Communicates job expectations, evaluates performance and provides feedback and guidance.
- Maintains communication between the branch and management by preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports regarding operations and productivity.
- Ensures accurate financial reporting and management of cash flow, including timely billings and follow up with collections.
- Establishes high safety standards and administers safety programs for audits, training, and compliance with local, state, federal and company rules and regulations.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; training employees; appraising performance; giving positive feedback and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related discipline.
- Five years related experience in construction management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and must be insurable by the Company's vehicle insurance in order to operate a Company vehicle.
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification within one year of employment.
If this sounds like your next career position, inquire now by applying to the link above. We look forward to speaking with you!