At Amazon, we are excited to offer military veterans and their dependents the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role after years of military service is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role.
The Veteran Business Leader Program (VBLP) creates a bridge between the military experiences of a Veteran with retail business roles. Through the VBLP Program, Veterans will participate in a yearlong cohort program and receive on-going functional training, support for service-to-civilian transitions, and peer mentorship. VBLP serves as a tool to support development through launch and early ramp stages of being new at Amazon. Participants gain an understanding of key roles within Amazon’s retail organization and build skills to help them become effective leaders capable of leading large, complex organizations.
Example roles include:
-Vendor Manager: Identify new brand and product business opportunities, own strategic relationships with key vendors, negotiate competitive business terms, define and secure participation in promotions and marketing programs.
-Instock Manager: Develop and execute inventory management strategies (including forecasting, capacity planning, and supply chain optimization), determine how to allocate resources for variable cost reduction and profit margin improvement to drive overall profitability for the business unit.
-Marketing Manager: Develop and execute strategies for growing the size and lifetime value of the business unit’s customer base, crafting strategies for targeting and communicating with customers.
-Category Merchant Manager: Manage the entire portfolio of third-party merchant accounts, drive revenue growth and traffic, conduct regular intensive business analysis and reporting, recruit for the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program, and manage projects working with our technology teams to build an extraordinary customer experience.
-Product Manager. Define and launch new retail products, services, or features in partnership with technical teams, evaluate the existing experience(s) for customers on and off Amazon, identify areas for improvement, develop business requirements, craft and implement marketing plans, and own measures of success. Prior experience working on or with technical teams required.
· Bachelors degree
· 3+ years of military work experience
· Analytical skills and willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
· Highly polished communication skills
· Proficient with Excel and Word
· If interested in a Product Manager role, must have an undergraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and/or relevant industry experience working within technology teams.
· Masters degree or MBA
· 5+ years military work experience
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
· Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software