Ensure a quality environment for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington staff, patients and visitors by performing low level maintenance, routine safety and security surveillance and sanitizing areas and surfaces using approved disinfectants, equipment and supplies. Ability to bend, climb and lift 50 pounds. Flexible schedule and the ability to travel to multiple building locations.
- Cleans patient, staff, and public areas using the appropriate cleaning solutions and the 7-step cleaning procedure: a) High dust all flat surfaces over 6ft. Using high dusting tool and head or ladder as needed. b) Empty all trash receptacles and wipe inside and outside with germicide solutions and reline receptacles, transport medical waste to waste holding area c) Damp wipe/spot clean all surfaces, furnishings under 6 ft. and spot wipe walls and partitions as needed. d) Dry mop all floors using dust mop frame and treated head to include under and behind all furnishings. e) Bathroom cleaning to include wiping all surfaces, shelves, sink, showers, and toilet. f) Damp mop entire room to include under and behind furnishings. g) Inspect the area to ensure that all steps have been completed and the area looks neat and clean. Move furniture and equipment for cleaning, re-arranging . Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Safely operates electric and battery powered cleaning equipment such as vacuums, buffers, burnishes, auto scrubbers, and extractors. Removes trash and debris: transports trash and debris properly protected. Project completion such as scrubbing/stripping and refinishing floors bonnet boffing and extracting carpets. Extracting upholstery, cleaning wheelchairs, lights, vents, and radiators.
- Move clean and/or soiled linen carts to/from patient and other areas, properly protected. Discharge/transfer cleaning (inpatient only), end of day terminal cleaning. Wears protective attire (i.e: goggles, gloves, gowns) for safety purposes. Functions as a contributing member of an Environmental Services Team. Conducts routine surveillance of the interior building spaces, and takes appropriate action to prevent violation of KFHPW safety and security policies. Lock doors, arm alarms as required. Sweep exterior sidewalks adjacent to entryways. Perform snow removal duties as needed. Alerts Facilities team of work order items.
- Low level maintenance such as unplugging toilets and sinks. Knowledge of chemical usage and dilutions. Remove medical waste receptacles, label and store according to procedure. Thoroughly clean working equipment. Store as recommended by manufacturer to ensure extended use and value. Stock all paper products and soap. Shows initiative in the thorough manner in which work is completed. Takes care of situations when they arise. Understands and complies with Washington State Department of Health guidelines and codes. Maintains a safe working environment following all OSHA WISHA regulations. Understands and complies with KFHPW safety policies.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- Customer service and communication skills.
- One (1) year of custodial experience in an outpatient setting.
Primary Location: Washington,Lynnwood,Lynnwood Medical Center 20200 54th Ave. W
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 30
Workdays: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: 11:30 AM
Working Hours End: 6:00 PM
Job Schedule: Part-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: SEIU Service Unit
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Facilities Services
Department: Prop/Fac-Facilities Services
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.