With over 35 year of experience, AA Asphalting LLC has become the largest Asphalt and Concrete Restoration Company in the Pacific Northwest. Our customers include Public Utilities, General Contractors, Government Agencies, Private Businesses and individual Homeowners. As we continue to grow, we are searching for dedicated, dynamic individuals to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for our Vancouver location!!
Why Choose AA Asphalting!
- Full Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K + Profit Sharing option
- Discounted YMCA membership
- Vacation + Holiday pay
- CDL Class A Training program**
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Over 30 years of experience
- Family & Holiday company sponsored events
If you have working knowledge of repairing and maintaining gas and diesel light to medium-duty vehicles, experience working with a variety of construction equipment, and a commitment to continuous improvement, you will enjoy this position. As a Mechanic, you'll be responsible for the following duties:
- Repairs and maintains trucks, machinery and equipment used in the asphalt and concrete patching and paving industry.
- Performs general and special maintenance, including hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic diagnosis and repair of light to medium-duty trucks.
- Completes routine LOF inspections as well as annual DOT inspections on trucks, machinery and equipment as necessary.
- Assists in, or completes the fabrication of necessary parts and tools required or needed to complete a specific task.
- Completes repairs in the shop and in the field, on job sites.
- Keeps accurate maintenance records of all repairs.
- Experience with gas and diesel vehicles and equipment.
- Complies with all safety regulations and practices preventive safety measures.
Your Skills & Attributes :
- Degree from a two-year college and/or technical school or a minimum of two years related experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of heavy equipment maintenance experience.
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have experience with computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Must have a valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- CDL Class A preferred. We offer assistance in obtaining a CDL Class A.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
If this sounds like a great opportunituy, let's talk! We are excited to meet with you!