At First Student, our technicians/mechanics are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Competitive Wages & Consistent Pay – Hourly Rate opposed to flat rate
- Great Pay at $24-26/hr
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
DIESEL TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Oils and greases vehicles; changes filters.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
DIESEL TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- School bus experience or straight truck
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL license
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of 5 years diesel service and fleet experience
- ASE Diesel Certifications Strongly Preferred
- Must be able/willing to obtain
- High Value on Master Level Diesel Techs
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!