The Executive Desktop Support Specialist will be part of a team responsible for providing virtual and on-site support for workplace devices, software and processes for end-users working globally. Takes full responsibility for the timely completion of IT problem resolution with a wide-variety of clients, including senior-level associates.
- Provides virtual and in-person high touch support to executives and various customer personas, which allows for end users to receive dedicated support for any IT issue that may occur, and promised ultimate ownership and resolution.
- Coordinates with various support suppliers and internal IT services for assisting with the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair, and testing for site infrastructure equipment, including; network, desktop/laptop, servers, printers and other peripherals. Provide ultimate ownership and delivery assurance.
- Provides remote troubleshooting for Windows OS 7/8/10, Apple OS, Microsoft Office Suite incidents/requests and Dell Laptop/Desktop hardware issues.
- Successfully develops and maintains highly effective and productive virtual relationships with both vendors and end-users.
- Assists with writing procedures, documenting activities, and trouble-shooting problems.
- Interfaces with customers to troubleshoot problems, gather information, provide guidance and coordinate activities.
- Balances multiple priorities and be able to adjust to changing work demands and shifting focus.
- Serves as escalation contact for major incidents and provide on-call support.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years providing “hands-on” infrastructure support, including; network, servers, desktops and related peripherals (Level 2 support). Prior experience providing executive support a plus.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with with VIPs, Executives, or other enterprise end-users (Sales, Marketing, Engineers, Scientists, Doctors, etc.) in previous role.
- Established laptop hardware repair experience.
- Must have strong experience with Windows 7/10 and Mac OS desktop environment, including troubleshooting and configuration.
- Strong understanding of mobile devices mobile device application functionality as it pertains to the following smartphone operating systems: Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android OS.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of timelines, milestones, and deliverable due dates.
- Strong documentation and process skills required.
- Must be proactive in taking ownership for tasks and managing them through completion with little direction, with knowing when to ask for help and escalating issues.
- Certifications: A+, Network+ preferred
- Associate’s Degree preferred.