EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CATEGORYOperations DESCRIPTION
KP LLC, a growing and vibrant multi-channel marketing solutions company, is looking to fill an immediate opening for a Machine Operator: Folder Operator at our Salt Lake City, UT facility. This is a day shift position, working 12-hour shifts. As a Folder Operator, you will be responsible for setting-up, operating and maintaining the folding machines efficiently; while monitoring machines to detect malfunctions throughout production run.
KP offers competitive wages, full benefits, a 401k Savings Plan with company match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and 11 paid Company holidays.
- Responsible for setting-up, maintaining, and operating any of the folding machines efficiently and as needed; observes machines to detect malfunctions throughout production run.
- Interprets job tickets accurately so jobs are completed per customer's requirements.
- Completes preventative maintenance and minor repairs on machines; maintains updated maintenance records; coordinates outside vendors for maintenance when needed.
- Selects samples and/or proofs for customer's review, as requested.
- Mentors and trains fellow teammates on machines and processes as needed.
- Sorts projects and prepares it for delivery per the job ticket; as needed.
- Helps develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for job related functions, processes, and/or recommend method efficiencies and process improvements.
- Follows all KP policies, procedures, and safety rules; including the use of appropriate safety equipment.
- Understands customer quality requirements and KP quality specifications.
- Models the behavior expectations of KP core values.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong color and print knowledge is a plus
- Understands the use of proofs and samples.
- Communication skills; both written and verbal
- Technical training and education
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Great problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and work in team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Associates’ degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one-two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with computer and keyboards, folding equipment, scanners and wireless devices.
Machine Operator: Folder Operator
NUMBER OF OPENINGS
Salt Lake City, UT
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
KP helps companies accomplish more with their print and electronic communication programs. Our solutions combine the latest online technology with numerous capabilities in the marketing, document management, and product supply chains. Our value is to provide ways to work smarter and lower costs.
Supporting critical links in the direct marketing supply chain for over 80 years, KP delivers integrated print, direct mail, fulfillment, point of sale, database management, marketing response management, and multi-channel marketing services, and specializes in robust client data security processes, infrastructure and systems. Customers such as Nordstrom, Starbucks, Chevron, Kaiser-Permanente and Microsoft trust KP to design, implement and measure complex marketing and communications programs.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.