Sound is implementing Reaching Recovery - an innovative, game-changing model to better meet the needs of the community and the people we serve. We're searching for people who want to improve lives and be part of the exciting changes we're making in the future. The Forensic Clinician/Case Manager works with adult clients who have a mental illness/chemical dependency and assists them in becoming as independent as possible in the community. The clients are involved in multi systems and through the provision of a full range of case management services and service coordination, the Forensic Clinician/Case Manager assists clients in setting and attaining short and long term goals. The Forensic Clinician/Case Manager also serves as a resource for, and provides leadership to, other team members. There must be good communication with the criminal justice system in working with their clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Provide, direct services and/or internal and external organization referrals for clients.
- Develop treatment plans and maintain accurate and timely clinical records according to organization policy.
- Prepare and incorporate necessary reports, summaries and progress notes into client's charts as part of clinical records.
- Perform consultation and liaison duties with other agencies and resources on behalf of the client.
- Assist client to remain stable in the community, thereby reducing the use of hospitals or involuntary treatment services.
- Inquire about medication regimes and treatment compliance.
- Monitor utilization of services and the success of outcome measures.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and professional relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Participate in team member meetings, consultations, case presentations and in-service training.
- Participate in ongoing program development and assessment.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, Sound policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to his/her work at Sound.
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in his/her work at Sound.
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Establishes and maintains positive, ethical, and professional working relationships with all team members, clients, vendors, and other professionals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires at least a Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work, psychology, or a counseling-related field, with a strong emphasis on working with families and community agencies.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience as a clinician or case manager and demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and treatment plans, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Understanding of individual therapy, group therapy and/or case management approach to provide services.
- Good working knowledge of resources.
- Familiarity with state and local health delivery systems, including knowledge of various funding principles and clinical services mandates.
- Work independently, to learn new tasks and skills quickly, to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and to manage a crisis effectively.
- Capacity to appreciate and work well with the complex and diverse population.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have WA state driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 60 days of hire.
- Prefer WA State licensure and/or WAC
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for six or more hours a day, and use office equipment, including phones and computer keyboards, for six or more hours per day. Individuals must be able to engage vendors, team members, clients and others over the phone and in-person by voice. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential position functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an ?at-will? basis.