General Maintenance Worker
General Maintenance Worker will work with an in-house Maintenance staff performing general maintenance and repair within a large Federal complex with multiple buildings.
The General Maintenance Worker performs maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, and grounds requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical work and general grounds maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Work involves a variety of the following duties, but not limited to:
- Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceiling; minor plumbing, such as repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets
- Painting structures and equipment
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks
- Maintenance of roads, walks, and parking areas including snow removal, leveling, and grading
- Install, repair and adjust various types of fencing
- Minor repair and maintenance of various roofing systems;
- Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles;
- Hanging doors and installing door locks;
- Replacing broken window panes;
Performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery;
- Assist with minor tenant improvement projects;
- General grounds maintenance to include use of power tools;
- Certify to operate Aerial Man-Lift Boom truck, Bobcat Skid-Steer Loader, and Snow Blowers
- Willing to be on-call after hours, weekends, and holidays.
Must be physically capable of performing day to day general maintenance duties, to include but not limited to, ability to lift 60 pounds; Be able to work with arms overhead; reach, bend, stoop, and squat; Be able to climb ladders. Some overtime required.
Education / Certifications:
High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred but not required
- Must be 18
- Valid Driver's License
- Must pass federal background check and drug screen
- Computer knowledge and use: Word, Outlook, general keyboard/typing skills
- Communicate effectively with reading, writing, and speaking English