Coordinates locking of loans from Loan Officers to the Secondary Market. Coordinates locking of Best Efforts commitments with Investors. Coordinates communication of changes to investor guidelines to production staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for pricing loan products and locking loans with investors. Make changes to locked loans and updating investors as necessary.
- Responsible for locking loans consistent with bank published rates and fees and following all Bank policy and procedure guidelines.
- Prepare daily rate sheets and day to day marketing reports. Prepare and submit daily and monthly remittances within deadlines.
- Responsible for investigating, reconciling, and providing timely resolution to all investor issues and reporting exceptions.
- Responsible for providing product information to Loan Officers.
- Responsible for researching operational, reporting, and data issues. Responsible for analysis of pipeline data to identify errors and maintain Company standards as it relates to pricing exceptions.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- 4+ years of experience working within a mortgage lending environment.
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage products and pricing.
- Experience working within a Bank environment.
- Possess an advanced understanding of mortgage loan products and Loan Level Price Adjustments.
- Demonstrate a high level of organization, attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner, consistently meeting strict deadlines, and to adapt in a growing and changing environment to meet business needs.
- Possess advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with personal computer and related software packages, including MS Office Word, Outlook.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment -- no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Limited travel.