Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
The HR Business Partner I supports the Regional HR Director in driving and supporting human capital strategy and high-value HR processes aligned to overall business strategy. This is a professional position with generalist responsibilities to include talent management, employee relations, compensation guidance, general leadership coaching, monitoring and resolving morale, work climate and leadership effectiveness issues. The incumbent must be able to work effectively with their client organizations, and also act as an advocate of the employee/manager relationship. Lead and participate in special projects as needed. Responsible for providing effective employee relations service by utilizing excellent problem solving and relationship skills, an in-depth knowledge of human resources generalist issues as well as policies and procedures, and knowledge of company products and services. Generalist knowledge will be needed to support successful labor strategy, performance management, compensation planning, and talent acquisition and development. Key responsibilities will include:
- Active participant in the Herc Rentals safety culture and prioritizes the safety of people.
- Support HR Directors and leaders in deployment of a comprehensive HR Strategy.
- Identify and recommend Coaching & Development needs.
- Employee Relations – Provide HR consulting expertise to management and employees. Consult with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach, including investigations.
- Ensure consistent discipline practices and legal compliance.
- Support the execution of compensation strategy.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and ensure a consistent practice.
- Support change management initiatives within the business
- Support HR COEs to advance key HR strategies (L&D, Talent Acquisition, Org Dev, Compensation, Payroll/HRIS/Benefits)
Up to 25% travel will be required. Position requires the highest level of confidentiality and the ability to work effectively with peers. The ability to work independently with minimal supervision is necessary.
The position requires the ability to conduct management training, coaching and presentations as well as provide coaching/counseling to managers and non-management employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- PHR/SPHR Certification Preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in a Human Resource Generalist or comparable role
- Cross functional HR knowledge
- Working knowledge of employment laws and talent management practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of business acumen
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong People Management Skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-starter; ability to prioritize short and long-term projects
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.