*Dependent on award*
The HSE Consultant identifies, eliminates and controls hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using the Company’s HSE standards, best practices and analytical techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plan and execute the site HSE function requirements
- Conduct daily site HSE meetings
- Implement preventive measures and recommend improvements on any unsafe conditions, materials and equipment
- Perform job site analysis, determine employee exposure, and institute safe work procedures
- Conduct daily HSE inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions
- Conduct accident investigations and facilitate the return to work program
- Manage daily activities regarding injury management and Workers Compensation issues
- Administrate the Company Substance Abuse Program, including drug and alcohol testing
- Maintain all site required documentation related to HSE issues, i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training logs
- Conduct HSE training sessions for employees and supervisors
- Cooperate with sub-contractors on the work progress and monitor their HSE related functions
- Investigate ALL incidents and near misses, including recommendations for future prevention and methods of mitigation
- Participate in all Root Cause or similar Investigations
- Ensure Compliance with applicable OSHA, PHMSA, FMCSA, EPA, TCEQ, Federal, State, and local requirements
- Ensure Compliance with and assist in the development of Temporary Traffic Control Plans and Procedures.
- Work with project personnel in a professional and mature manner in order to maintain the integrity of the Company and relationships formed therein
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Complies with Company Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity
- Requires frequent travel
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in HSE related field or professional designation in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-10 years of construction HSE related experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA CFR 1926 standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Able to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on the Company’s HSE standards
- Utilizes organizational skills with good attention to detail and emphasis on quality
- Displays good written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel, vendors and medical professionals
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- First Aid/CPR
- OSHA 30 Construction
- OSHA 510
- PEC SafeLand
- OSHA Fall Protection
- OSHA 3015 Excavation/Soil Mechanics
- OSHA Confined Space
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONFounded in 2003, we are a dynamic organization that has been recognized six times by INC 5000, which ranks the fastest growing companies in the United States.
At our headquarters in Seattle, we embrace a casual, open and bike-friendly environment. Although we work at a quick pace, we like to supplement the work office day with the occasional food cook-off, events, or to play fetch with the dogs. This attitude towards the workplace environment led to an award from the Seattle Met as one of the Top Ten Best Places to Work in Seattle.
If you are simply looking for a paycheck, this may not be the role for you. We are seeking someone that is eager to learn and expand their professional abilities within the organization. We pride ourselves in offering a positive and challenging work environment based on collaborative relationships and continuous learning.
EOE STATEMENTRemote Medical International® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Remote Medical International® complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.