What you'll be doing:
Based out of our office in Chicago, Illinois, you'll be acting in a crucial capacity as our Human Resources Generalist; exhibiting flexibility and strong prioritization skills each day! You will be working with and reporting directly to the company HR Manager--which will give you the opportunity to assist in a wide-variety of HR-related projects. We'll be providing you with a great working environment, snacks, access to a free office gym, full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, STD, LTD) , along with paid-vacation, and holidays. If you're looking for a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth, then RL Canning is the ideal place for you!
- Plans and conducts new hire orientation and onboarding process to foster positive attitude toward company values and expectations.
- Supports end-to-end employee engagement initiatives. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assists new employees with new hire paperwork, collects all necessary forms, sets up files for new personnel, and processes new hires in the HRIS.
- Responds to routine employee requests for HR information about benefits, policies, procedures, and use of HRIS
- Leads the off-boarding and exit interview/survey process to identify trends and recommendations for improving the employee experience.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and is actively involved in maintaining employee handbook.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Supports a large remote workforce throughout the US and Internationally.
- Supports HR projects cross-functionally, as needed.
- Partners with the Human Resources Manager and other Departments to develop and execute company strategic initiatives
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of professional human resources experience with hands-on capabilities in engagement, employee issues, benefits, performance, administration, etc.
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people.
- Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build trusted relationships through all levels of the organization.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting points of view, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate discretion, sound judgment, and integrity. Ability to resolve problems by leveraging business knowledge and best practices.
- Must have strong communication skills, including formal written documentation and business presentations.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and interacting with and influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Keeps current on applicable human resources laws including discrimination, health, and safety, privacy, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management/Business.