Washington Energy Service is the leading Home Improvement Company in the Puget Sound Area. We have a strong commitment to providing “Home Comfort” through sales, installation, and service of Heating and Cooling Systems, Energy Efficient Windows, Exterior Doors, and Vinyl Siding.
The Maintenance and Service Technician position reports to the Field Manager and is expected to perform Maintenance and Service of HVAC related systems and will respond to service calls to solve issues with customer equipment as they arise. The Maintenance and Service Technician will develop a plan to complete each job which will include loading and unloading of company trucks, organizing and maintaining clean equipment, keeping professional demeanor with fellow employees and customers and ensuring the customers’ needs are satisfied.
- Primary focus on Maintaining and Servicing of HVAC products which include: Furnaces, Fireplaces, Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Air Quality Products
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to improve skills.
- Listening and adhering to directions of HVAC Service Foreman/Field Manager.
- Following company guidelines for safety, handbook requirements, timecards and any other management policies.
- Loading/Unloading of trucks with proper work materials and tools at beginning of work day.
- Restocking trucks with supplies needed for days projects.
- Review of job packet with Foreman/Field Manager to understand necessary actions and formulate plans.
- Greeting customer in a friendly manner.
- Conveying scope of work needed to be accomplished and ensuring customer has understanding of scope.
- Preparing worksite which will include unloading materials and equipment from truck, laying drop cloths and ensuring customers’ homes are protected from potential harm by equipment.
- Cleaning and servicing duct work/venting using brushes, scopes and other tools.
- This position may potentially oversee other technicians in training.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- 3-5 Years HVAC Service and Maintenance experience
- Ability to use power tools, hand tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Providing personal hand tools (company provides power tools).
- Maintain clean and organized truck.
- Maintain professional presentation (clean uniform, acceptable grooming, courteous and professional communication with customers and co-workers)
- Mechanical knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- 75% or more of day spent standing, walking, crawling, crouching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and operating tools.
- Ability to lift 100 or more pounds multiple times a day/hold 100 or more pounds for a period of time.
- Comfortable working in extreme environmental conditions including but not limited to: Wet and humid weather, working near mechanical or moving parts, working on a ladder or roof, working in extreme cold or heat, in and around electrical, explosive or toxic conditions with the risk of shock, explosions and/or inhalation of particles and fumes.
Compensation: Competitive Wage, Medical/Dental, Paid Time Off and 401k for eligible employee’s.