Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and a robust Wellness Program
Work Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities”.
Only applications of individuals with disabilities will be considered at this time. *
To apply, visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application and upload a resume.
Skookum, an award winning non-profit organization seeks an Issue Turn-In Clerk that is responsible for proper issue/turn-in, classification, and cleanliness of Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment (OCIE) directly issued to and received from the customer. The employee is accountable for providing effective and efficient customer service while ensuring proper adherence to government contract standards, policies and procedures.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Continuously checks clothing and equipment for compliance with instructions and Army Technical Manuals.
- Makes a serviceability determination about the condition of the equipment being turned in.
- Distributes clothing and equipment to soldiers and document on their check sheet.
- Documents turned in items on the soldier’s check sheet as per established contract policies and procedures.
- Performs daily assigned work supporting customers and ensuring satisfaction.
- Administers retail operations to ensure that appointment schedules are maintained and that all customers are handled within quality benchmarks.
- Handles the flow of customers to ensure all customers in line have the appropriate paperwork and if special help is needed, expedite their servicing.
- Performs both the turn-in and issue tasks to ensure all items are turned in, issued, and are properly documented.
- Assists in maintaining the workstation and backup stock area exhibiting an organization and a clean working area which reflects the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Repairs and cleans equipment such as helmets and backpack frames.
- May assist in sewing room and with data entry.
- Assists with maintaining general cleanliness of the warehouse.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, kneel, walk and reach.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain installation access.
- 3-4 years relevant work experience in retail/warehouse operations preferred.
- Basic data processing and math skills.
- Knowledge of a Central Issuing Facility is desirable.
- Knowledge of customer service skills and techniques to include the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members from the business community.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment involving warehouse and supply operations; ability to follow instructions, contribute ideas, and be a team player.