The IT Business Admin will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy’s and DoD’s needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. The team will conduct cyber analyses and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, determine mission and operational impacts, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs.
As an IT Business Admin, you will be joining a team responsible for providing a broad range of project management and software development expertise to support the customer’s mission. We are looking for someone who will work collaboratively with stakeholders and the development team to research, elicit, analyze, validate and document requirements, and to ensure that those requirements clearly reflect the true business needs of the stakeholders and end users. This position requires an individual who is business process oriented, can understand and decompose complex processes and is able to effectively communicate when issues and challenges arise. In this role, you will be a true consultant, encouraging the customer to think about why and how they do what they currently do, capturing the as-is picture and facilitating, analysis, developing, and documenting the “to be”. You will develop requirements specifications, use cases, and process flows.
In this role, you will:
- Provide insight and aid in the evolution of applications and processes to a desired future state by maintaining a comprehensive understanding of impact on business operations
- Map current state against future state processes
- Analyze the impact of requirements on solution components
- Leverage multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional requirements for software application development projects
- Document requirements throughout each stage of the project or initiative to ensure traceability
- Support the solution design process through interaction and support of the solution development team
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Technical Lead to provide overall team leadership and guidance
- Take ownership of requirements, business rules, and serve as primary point of contact for questions and clarifications during design, development and test cycles to deliver software that meets the needs of the user community.
- Maintain repository of artifacts to include project review packages, statements of findings, action items, sync up notes, update the department calendar of reviews and metrics input and publish results of project reviews to leadership
- Establish Sync ups to include requesting artifacts from stakeholders and consolidating artifacts for review (Risks, Schedule, Budget, Project List, PTEM, Actions, and Review Schedule)
- Track risks, problems, and opportunities to include reviewing risks for content and ensure mitigation steps are accounted for in the schedule, budget, and resources
- Conduct technical reviews to includes maintaining the schedule, ensure dry runs and abstracts are promptly scheduled and collected, and coordinate meetings
- Provide support for Quarterly Executive Reviews (QER). Includes building templates, scheduling, updating status, consolidating inputs, and preparing slides
- Track and query stake holders for ABOD actions
- Track and query project lead for upcoming milestone and deliverables
- Draft program polices and process
- Facilitate monthly Agile Working Group
- Perform Risk Exchange Administration duties to include process account requests and update portfolio permission after final approval from NSERC
This is a dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination of efforts. We are looking for someone experienced in interfacing with client managers and delivery teams developing applications to meet DoD needs.
- Must be a US Citizen and must have an active or Interim DoD SECRET clearance.
- A Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in business, IT, or requirements analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent writing skills and experience developing deliverables such as current state analyses and business cases
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to elicit and decompose business requirements into cohesive system specifications
- Experience creating process flows, use cases and user stories
- Experience working on complex projects involving change to existing systems and business processes
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Visio and Project
- Experience building relationships and interacting with executive and senior leadership, including the ability to tactfully recommend suggestions for improvement or alternatives
- Data entry
- Experience working on custom development software projects
- Experience working with DoD customers
- Experience working on cybersecurity project
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2700+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.