Manages and provides direction of the operational activities for Item Processing Day 2. Primary focus of the role is on day-to-day execution and project implementation for the assigned department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain quality service and effective operations and support for all assigned internal and external customers.
• Drive results through the effective management of non-exempt staff.
• Administer corporate policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Partner in the review and recommendation of operational systems and procedures affecting assigned units.
• Perform oversight and analysis of departmental expenses.
• Perform third party oversight for assigned vendors.
• Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding
Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
• May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES 7-10
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, IT Operations Management or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• 5-10 years of operations experience in the financial services industry.
• 4+ years of supervisory/management experience.
• Possess thorough knowledge of operation functions, systems, policies and procedures for the assigned area.
• Possess strong organizational, managerial and project management skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of banking operations and human resources.
• Proven well-developed customer relations skills.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
• Occasional travel.
No relocation is offered.