In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
IT Service Desk –Support Technician
The IT Service Desk Support Technician position’s primary responsibility is to provide first level support
- Serve as the first point of contact for end users seeking assistance for IT related issues either in person, by email or over the phone
- Log problems, activity and resolution in each ticket
- Provide support primarily in the desktop support area
- Configure and install new IT equipment
- Troubleshoot and manage basic hardware, software or network related issues
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the user
- Walk the user through the problem-solving process
- Recognizing and escalating issues to tier 2 support with all pertinent information
- Identify common issues from in-coming tickets
- Ability to spot critical issues and prioritize tickets accordingly
- Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Associate degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in IT-related position
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with cross functional teams – across multiple functions
- Able to sit and work at desk and operate a computer for several hours at a time.
- Use hands and fingers to use computer
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve resources
- See, talk, and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee is occasionally required to move or lift up to 10 pounds
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the hearing voices through telephone handsets or headsets and through general face to face conversation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read information on a computer screen or on a printed page
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.