The Lead Service Engineer will have responsibility for ensuring on-time delivery of service product features, technical publications, training, and service process validation for Automation and Flex Factory product line. The position provides exposure to the entire system and requires communication with all functions in the organization and will be involved in the full life cycle of the product from definition to verification/validation and installed base support.
Responsibilities : Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Defining procedures for field modifications, calibrations, and part replacements
2. Owning product and subsystem requirements related to serviceability and diagnosis
3. Lead the Service strategy for automation projects, both internally and with external customers, for FlexFactory and related products.
4. Maintaining effective quality systems compliant with GE Quality policies and Six Sigma standards
5. The Lead Service Engineer will build detailed knowledge transfer processes for field support engineer’s
6. Leverages knowledge in advanced aspects of technical/functional areas and applies technical theory and practical experience with input from relevant functional areas to solve complex problems
7. Works independently and possesses a level of functional expertise necessary to influence and execute technical and project delivery execution
8. Works with the online center, field engineers, customers and/or program leadership to ensure that the project deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs or initiatives
9. Supports mentoring of junior technical talent
10. Accountable for implementing and teaching engineering standards
11. Must be willing to work out of an office located in Marlborough, MA
12. Willingness to travel 25% of the time
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering) and 4 years of experience Associates Degree and 6 years of experience or High School Diploma and 7 years of experience
2. Demonstrated experience in network design of Emerson DeltaV Process Automation Systems
3. Demonstrated experience with Profibus and Ethernet/IP application layer protocol
4. Experience at biotech/pharma commercial manufacturing facility in automation role
5. Familiarity with Process control systems and Batch system integration.
6. Experience with DCS and SCADA control systems
7. Familiarity with Rockwell PLC programming, Siemens PLC programming and TIA Portal
8. Familiarity with IT Networking, DCOM Networking and OPC experience
9. Demonstrated technical domain knowledge by being current on engineering design principles, architectures and advancements in clinical and engineering concepts and technologies
10. Demonstrated problem-solving techniques
11. Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology
12. Effective communication skills and boundaryless behavior—ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
13. Demonstrated organizational, functional, and leadership expertise to lead a small team on a project, sub-system or platform initiative
14. Ability to travel up to 25%
1. Experience working in a Service or Systems Engineering team.
2. Strong analytical, trouble-shooting skills
3. Ability to work independently
4. Customer orientation: self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and learn quickly
5. Customer focused: strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen to customer, build relationships, and work under pressure
6. Hands-on approach with regards to installations, upgrades and repairs
7. General project leadership skills
8. Global Project experience
9. Design For Reliability (DFR) or Design For Service (DFS) experience
10. Candidate to have very strong customer focus
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with
cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.