We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CATEGORYOperations DESCRIPTION
KP LLC in West Sacramento has a great opportunity for an awesome Machine Operator!
The Machine Operator is responsible for the set-up maintenance, and operates of at least 2 or more machines (such as bindery, mail and/or finishing machines.)
NOTE: Experience with an Autoset High Speed Inserter or Mailcraft Swingarm and camera system is a big plus!!!!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets-up, maintains repairs and operates at least 2 or more machines.
- Operates and observes machine to detect malfunctions throughout the production run.
- Trains and provides guidance to Machine Associates as needed.
- Interprets job tickets or SOP’s accurately so jobs are completed per customer’s requirements.
- Maintains and updates maintenance records.
- Selects samples and/or proofs for customer’s review, as requested.
- Sorts and prepares output for next step in process.
- Understand and follow safety and quality requirements.
- Recommends and help develop SOP’s for job related functions, process improvement and ways to improve efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and Training (Knowledge):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years related experience understanding and working with bindery, mail and/or finishing machines; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of basic color and print experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal, written and listening skills; ability to read, understand and follow SOP’s, supervisor instructions and safety, security and quality procedures; clearly communicate detailed instructions.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Uses self-management skills to plan organize and prioritize work activities to use time efficiently.
- Reviews all work carefully for completeness and accuracy.
- Identifies the problem and notifies manager in a timely manner with possible solution
- Helps and supports all employees in their work.
- Works effectively with others.
- Responds positively to instructions and procedures.
Certificates and Licenses: Forklift certification a plus
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must regularly lift/push/pull/move up to 15 pounds, frequently up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods of time, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and bend.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The working environment is an operations environment, where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles and the noise level is moderate.
NUMBER OF OPENINGS
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
KP helps companies accomplish more with their print and electronic communication programs. Our solutions combine the latest online technology with numerous capabilities in the marketing, document management, and product supply chains. Our value is to provide ways to work smarter and lower costs.
Supporting critical links in the direct marketing supply chain for over 80 years, KP delivers integrated print, direct mail, fulfillment, point of sale, database management, marketing response management, and multi-channel marketing services, and specializes in robust client data security processes, infrastructure and systems. Customers such as Nordstrom, Starbucks, Chevron, Kaiser-Permanente and Microsoft trust KP to design, implement and measure complex marketing and communications programs.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.