Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
- Recognized technical leader with possible responsibilities in areas of creating, designing, and/or managing any or all aspects of manufacturing equipment, process or technology development within a global manufacturing organization.
- Execution of strategic initiatives, manufacturing process development and support, product introduction, manufacturing project management of medium to large projects, as well as general manufacturing support and team participation.
- Work closely with contacts within manufacturing plants to understand problems, develop robust solutions and/or create added value.
- Work with project engineers to provide input for concepts or quote preparation as required.
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
- Responsible for the concepting, design, technology integration, BOM, install and technical support of PLC, HMI, safety, servo, robot and/or vision-based hardware and software including, but not limited to: RSLogix 500/5000, FT View Studio, C-More HMI, SICK FlexiSoft Designer, AB Kinetix Servo System, Fanuc / Motoman robots and Cognex Insight Explorer.
- Develop electrical design, schematics and drawings in AutoCAD.
- Coordinate technical review of design content with other designers, assemblers and technicians.
- Submission and coordination of bills of materials to responsible Purchasing member.
- Design and development of PLC / HMI / Vision software applications based on sequence of operation to meet requirements and specifications.
- Provide technical support of Assemblers and Technicians during the power up, configuration and debug of electrical systems per application specifications.
- Help maintain existing design standards and define new continuous improvement standards.
- 5+ years of related experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have valid driving privileges
- Must be willing to travel, including internationally (10%-20%).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Controls Engineering, or equivalent, with three (3+) years’ experience or Technical Degree with seven (7+) years’ developing integrated manufacturing equipment or systems.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for integration of automation into manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate sound analytical and decision-making process.
- Outstanding communication skills to facilitate discussions within cross-functional teams.
- Adaptability and ability to prioritize and support multiple projects at once.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and take on tough challenges with energy and positivity.
- Consistency and dedication in achieving quality results, even under variety of circumstance.
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled