Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
The purpose of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic C position is to utilize the mechanical expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in peak running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program. This incumbent is a developing technician and assume a supporting role within the branch. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of his facility, the region and corporation.
- Follow a consistent and regular schedule to perform various types of maintenance on heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Operate and test equipment
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Perform additional duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
- Basic Understanding Internal Combustion Engines (both gas and diesel)
- Understands the importance of time management
- Ability to read and comprehend the standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Customer service skills
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.