SanMar Corporation has been family-owned since 1971. Based in Issaquah, WA, we are an award-winning, national supplier of 21 retail, private label and mill brands. We supply apparel and accessories to screen printers, embroiderers, promotional products distributors, athletic dealers, industrial launderers and more -- whether they are outfitting a Fortune 500 corporation or the local bowling team. SanMar's success and growth can be attributed to one thing - outstanding employees who provide superior services and products to our customers. We promote a culture that acknowledges the importance of a healthy work-life balance, recognizing that happy and relaxed employees make better ambassadors for SanMar. We encourage initiative and participation by creating a casual environment that taps your full potential as an employee.
The Merchandising Project Manager is the internal owner and driver of a wide variety of projects from single-element jobs to multi-layered procedures and projects related to the apparel product creation process. The Project Manager is responsible for identifying process improvements, providing critical data, leading team participants, and stewarding the workflow of each project from inception to completion. This position works in close partnership with inter department and cross-functional teams to ensure that all projects are delivered on schedule. The role makes decisions on issues that arise and escalates to Brand Directors and GMM as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, proposes, and creates projects that drive company strategic vision for the product creation process
- Participates in strategic project planning for specialized areas of the business while recommending and implementing process improvements
- Develops, launches, drives, and tracks comprehensive programs, and analyzes and measures program effectiveness
- Defines project’s scope and identifies resources needed, estimates time and financial commitment, and determines method to monitor and to report on progress
- Prepares highly complex and detailed analysis in support of major programs, projects, or business unit and corporate goals
- Defines, validates, and creates documentation on current processes
- Subject matter expert in relation to the product creation process and acts as a consultant to cross functional teams, other project leaders, and management in strategic areas
- Leads team members/resources assigning tasks and deadlines; reallocates resources as needed to ensure project stays on track
- Leads and participates in sessions with cross-functional teams and management to define proposed business metrics
- Gathers data for reporting various financial and business metrics that support the departments strategic initiatives; analyzes, communicates, and makes recommendations on data to management
- Determines most impactful and effective communication methods, presentations, and tools for communicating goals, documenting outcomes, and sharing metrics for projects
- Builds internal and external networks to support decision making, to validate processes, and to gain consensus on course of action
- Project facilitator/leader; guiding and motivating the team through the project in adherence to the schedule; providing guidance to overcome any hurdles.
- Monitors and tracks project commitments, develops and approves planning and communication documents, reviews requirements, and determines resource allocations
- Drives product creation calendar process identifying opportunities for time efficiencies while researching and employing industry best practices
- Creates, monitors, and maintains accurate calendars and schedules for all merchandising elements included in the product creation process; collaborating with cross-functional teams to combine all necessary tasks for a complete calendar/schedule.
- Identifies, tracks, communicates and resolves open issues while proactively identifying potential challenges throughout process; researching solutions, determines strategy, and implements change control process
- Researches options, validates need, quantifies ROI, and recommends strategy for software system implementation to achieve department goals including but not limited to PLM.
- Merchandising expert resource for testing software across company system implementations where applicable for business needs
- Responsible for independently driving projects to completion
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- 4+ years of experience with project management
- 2-4+ years within an apparel product creation organization would be beneficial
- Strong excel skills and experience with project management tools and calendars
- Ability to portray a positive attitude at all times; motivate and lead others
- Ability to interact and collaborate with many different skill sets and roles within the company
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and potentially switch projects as necessary, maintaining a strong quality focus on each
- Ability to self-manage in times of stress, and independently make timely decisions in alignment with business goals
- Ability to think strategically and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to professionally drive change and process improvement in a loosely structured environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to influence and collaborate to bring teams to consensus
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Marketing, Communications or related field; or five to eight years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is moderately quiet. Employee must be able to handle strenuous customer deadlines and be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending program
- Anniversary rewards
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Diverse, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible schedules
- Monthly employee events
If you are a service oriented person who would enjoy working for a company that provides a dynamic, family-oriented environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! There aren't many other companies out there like us, so don't miss out, apply today, and learn what over 3,000 employees have come to know as "The SanMar Difference!"
SanMar provides opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
SanMar participates in E-Verify.