As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. Your primary focus for this position is the overall support for the enterprise-data network at the store level with emphasis on IT configurations. In this role, you will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems, and provide end user training where required. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Monitor branch locations for network outages and performance issues.
- Coordinate with circuit vendor for outages.
- Responsible for support of network technologies, software, systems, and services at remote branch locations.
- Administer switches, routers, wireless, and firewalls.
- Prepare communications to branch locations regarding outages.
- Maintain version and configuration control of network devices.
- Maintain outage tracking documentation for FDIC and management.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Associate, vocational, or technical degree in computer science or information technology preferred.
- CCNA -- Certified Cisco Network Administration certification preferred.
- 1-4 years of experience supporting Cisco networks.
- Intermediate experience with routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF) and other network services (DHCP, DNS, VoIP, QOS).
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, and Wireless technologies (Cisco preferred).
- Proficient with testing tools and procedures for data networks.
- Advanced branch-level router, switch, and firewall configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- lifting up to 25 pounds.
- occasional travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.