First Orion is a leader in the call protection, call identification and call management industries, focusing on data-driven call transparency across the entire calling experience. We develop world-class data and technology solutions that help our business partners increase customer satisfaction, reduce risk associated with fraud and compliance, and yield more profitable calling solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall tagging/blocking, call enhancement, caller identification, caller categorization, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in the US and abroad. First Orion protects and enhances the call experience for millions of consumers, provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service providers in the world, and features leading brands in the communication industry (including PrivacyStar) with headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas and offices in Bellevue, WA, London, England and Dubai, UAE.
This role focuses on working with First Orion's carrier customers and internal engineer teams on designing carrier grade network solutions, creating and presenting call flows and working with escalations with our customers and partners.
Successful candidates will be have strong telecom experience working with SIP, SS7 and other telephony protocols. They will know how to interface with carrier teams and properly follow carrier processes necessary to deploy new service installations and carrier interconnects. The successful candidate will be used to a high paced telecom environment with shifting priorities and understand how to juggle a wide range of issue types.
- Develop a working knowledge of the industries that First Orion covers
- Develop a knowledge of the industry landscape including all competitors, products, and services
- Effectively articulate the value of First Orion products and services
- Establish and maintain a sound understanding of client strategy, workflows, competitive environment and key drivers behind client needs
- Provide marketplace feedback to sales and management
- Participate and support RFI and RFP response process, including providing responses, supporting documents
- Participate in bid defense as a part of the RFP process
- Work with customers to support lab trials, both in First Orion and customer labs
- Travel up to 50% of the time for prospect meetings, client design sessions, and industry events
- Understand customer networks/protocols to ascertain the best integration points for First Orion solutions
- Quickly identify new opportunities
- Help sales team develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified prospects and opportunities
- Provide your manager with detailed feedback and reporting of opportunities in various stages of the sales cycle
- Keep up with latest technology trends and give input on solution roadmaps
- Participate in design sessions for various network automation tooling and projects
- Participate with Engineering teams on design and architecture
- Study trends, and participate in capacity planning and scaling adjustments for capacity of components, resources and sessions
- Develop Architecture diagrams of integration points for First Orion solutions in customer networks
- Help support integration of other First Orion products with Customer’s network elements and solutions, including OSS/BSS, performance management, customer provisioning and Operations
- Develop a clear understanding of First Orion’s compliance policies and any customized client compliance protocols
- Minimum 7-8 years of Technical Operational experience with service provider networks
- Deep understanding of telecommunication network architectures and protocols: SS7/SIGTRAN (ISUP, CAMEL, CNAM/CNAP, AIN, INAP, etc.), VoLTE (EPC, IMS), SIP, RTP, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and textually
- Strong opinions on best practices for running a Telecommunications network
- Mature communicator capable of handling high-profile clients
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Possesses excellent time management skills
- Prior experience in sales related to data products or the telecommunications industry
- Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Ability to utilize superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superior organizational skills
At First Orion we offer a competitive salary, full benefit package including matching 401(k) and an open paid time off policy. Our work environment is energetic, focused, fun, and collaborative. We’ve created a special culture where trust and transparency are key and employees are empowered to make their own decisions. Our people are passionate about what we do and have an indomitable spirit to get things done. Everyone is a part of the big picture here.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
First Orion Corp. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.