Become a CNA and make a difference!
Now taking applications for our late April class!
Being a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/NAC) is a unique and special opportunity. CNAs become part of the daily life of each resident with whom they work, helping to ensure that the resident lives their life with dignity, comfort, usefulness and companionship. It can be difficult work both physically and mentally, but most CNAs agree that the challenging work is more than made up for by a multitude of personal rewards.
We are looking for applicants to work with the team at Orchard Park, Pierce County's only Five Star skilled nursing facility, after graduation!
Our state approved CNA Training Program is in high demand and the application process is competitive. We accept 12-15 students out of 50+ that apply. Class will begin the last week of April, take place in Puyallup and last approximately four weeks. We only offer week day classes, but clinicals are held over a variety of shifts so you must have open availability.
To be considered, applicants must meet these general requirements:
- Complete the online application
- Provide two professional references
- Attend an Interview with the CNA Instructor (by request only)
- A minimum of a high school diploma or high school equivalency
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language, and have basic math and computer skills
- Apply online to this posting
- Be available any shift. Classes are day only, but clinicals can be across all shifts
- Be able to attend classes in Puyallup
- If selected, complete a background check, drug screening, provide documented proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and attend an information session
- This class is free of charge* and all graduates are strongly considered for positions upon graduation!
*Students must pay $65 for their NAR at the beginning of class, $65 for their CNA license when the class is complete. If hired Orchard Park will pay for your state test. License fees are higher if student previously had a license that has expired, fees are available from the Department of Health website.
EEO/AA, MF, Vets, Disabled
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma. 2. Basic knowledge of computer use. 3. Completes required continuing education.4. This position requires that the employee is able to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs. 5. Must pass WA State DSHS background check. 6. Must pass drug test 7. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required. 8. Must provide I9 documents