Action Paving, a subsidiary of AA Asphalting located in Vancouver, WA, is looking for a Screed Operator. We are searching for motivated and dedicated individuals to join our team!
Why Choose Action Paving & AA Asphalting!
- Full Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- CDL Class A Training program**
- Discounted YMCA Membership
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Over 30 years of experience
- Family & Holiday company sponsored events
Drives and operates one or more machines such as backhoes, grinders, graders, lowboys, roller, jackhammer, compressors, trucks and pavers. To perform specified activity such as moving material, leveling, grading, and paving by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working knowledge of screed operation on asphalt paver making normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finish of asphalt material.
- Has working knowledge of equipment operation for machines assigned, including driving.
- Checks equipment daily for oil, fluid levels, damage and wear areas (teeth, grinder, etc.). Fuels equipment daily.
- Understands all aspects of paving industry prep work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- Reports all damage or required repairs as needed to the mechanic on duty in a timely manner.
- Loads and unloads equipment from trailers. Ensures that equipment is correctly secured on trailers.
- Ensures equipment is cleaned at the end of each job, each day.
- Operates equipment safely at all times. Does not allow riders on the equipment while operating.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and practices preventive safety measures.
- Performs non-operator, general labor work as needed including driving, shoveling, raking, rolling and flagging duties.
- Valid Driver's License
- 3 to 5 years related asphalt & construction experience
- Must be willing to travel when needed
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
If this sounds like your next position, contact us now! We look forward to speaking with you!