Frontline National is currently seeking an Optometry Technician for a full-time opportunity near Destin, Florida. Please apply online or contact one of our recruiters directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- The contractor shall assist the health care provider in the examination and treatment of patients by performing visual tests or procedures.
- The contractor shall prepare orders and dispenses military spectacles. Fit patients with spectacles and instructs patients on contact lens procedures. Assists aircrew members in aviator contact lens and night vision goggle program.
- The contractor shall record patient case history, conduct visual screening tests such as visual acuity, analysis and interpretation. Instills approved ophthalmic drugs.
- Provide both informal and formal training and on the job training to optometry students, medical technicians in training, nursing personnel, and physicians relative to the types of testing, therapy, or medications that are being used.
- The contractor shall perform ophthalmic functions as needed in an optometric clinical capacity. Administers ophthalmic drops and ointment. Take ophthalmic photographs.
Education: Completion of the following:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency.
- Completion of a basic optometry course, equivalent paraoptometric training, or a paraoptometric certification.
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- At least 12 months of experience working as an optometry technician within the last 36 months.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current American Heart Association or the American Red Cross Healthcare Provider (HCP) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Certification granted based solely on computer-based training does not constitute fulfillment of this requirement.
- Monday - Friday between 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM for a 9 hour day including a 1 Hour unpaid lunch
- No Federal holidays required.