Involved. Innovative. Enthusiastic. These are just a few words that describe the Umpqua customer experience associate.
If you believe customer service begins with exceeding (not simply meeting) customer expectations, and you have a knack for picking up on the little clues that allow you to fulfill the customer's needs before they realize they even have the need, and you truly love your community and believe that being a teller does not stop at the front door of your bank, then this is the job for you. The right candidate does things that garner compliments on the thoughtful, unexpected ways she celebrates and recognizes others. He embraces change as an essential function of growth. The opportunity to learn excites them. And they seek out opportunities to improve everything they touch.
As you can see, we're not your average bank, and we are not looking for average tellers.
- Deliver personalized customer service and the type of genuine care expected from your neighbor.
- Tackle a variety of financial transactions ranging from check cashing to cash depositing to loan payments to counting currency and coin accurately.
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature (i.e. cash handling) where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Hold financial conversations with clients and prospects to cross-sell other bank services and refer customers to other departments, as appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable of products, fees and policies and stay current on offerings -- ability to make product suggestions, with assistance.
- Answer customer questions with a can-do attitude, no matter how complex or technical (and they are frequently both complex and technical).
- Constantly look for ways to "WOW" customers and community members alike through all of life's changes.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- 1+ year(s) cash handling experience, and a track record of outstanding customer service
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proficiently preform a wide variety of tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, 10-key, and a variety of office equipment, knowledge of Excel software applications
- Demonstrated sales skills, a plus
- High school diploma, vocational training, or equivalent
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- extended periods of standing
- occasional walking
- lifting up to 20 pounds.
No relocation offered.