Place of work:
- Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, Fort Campbell Kentucky
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review
- Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Certification: Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants (NCCPA).
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in the past two years working as a Physician Assistant.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in any US state, territory, or District of Columbia
- Board certification: National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Monday - Friday between 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Excludes Federal Holidays