We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon WW Innovation and Design Engineering Team!
We're looking for an outstanding Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM), someone who innovates, loves solving hard problems, and never takes “no” for an answer. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The primary role of the WW Innovation and Design Engineering TPM team is to drive strategic, next generation retail supply chain development programs from the early investigative / inception phases through the hardware product development phases, then hand those projects off to Operations teams for implementation.
A successful candidate will have broad experience and deep skills program managing complex, never-been-done-before projects which include a high degree of ambiguity. He/she will work successfully across multiple large engineering and operations teams at a strategic level and at a deep engineering and supply chain development levels.
1. Lead strategic, trans-organizational initiatives to explore new supply chain technologies and methods.
2. Develop hardware functional requirements and design standards.
3. Develop and maintain hardware engineering specifications.
4. Oversee, expand and approve suppliers' hardware product development activities.
5. Perform DfX reviews for new designs.
6. Oversee new product introduction activities.
7. Drive standards across the WWFD&E Engineering teams.
8. Review and approve engineering changes.
9. Provide engineering support to Amazon fulfillment network installation activities.
· Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (preferably with an emphasis in Controls Engineering and/or Reliability Engineering)
· 10+ years of experience leading or program managing large cross-functional teams developing and manufacturing high complexity hardware products or solutions
· Experience designing and introducing high volume hardware products
· 5+ years designing and introducing structural, high volume products involving metal and structural plastics
· Proficiency using business/technical software such as MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
· Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical, Controls or Reliability Engineering
· 5+ years leading teams responsible to develop high volume industrial automation HW / SW solutions
· Supply chain operations management experience
· Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
· Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
· Capital project management skills.
· Proficiency with system architecture, systems analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.