Quality Control Inspector III
Type: Full Time, First or Second Shift
Wage: Competitive Wages, Based on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and a robust Wellness Program
To apply, visit our website at www.skookumaerospace.org to complete an application and upload a resume.
Skookum Aerospace Manufacturing is seeking a Quality Control Inspector III. This individual will be responsible for determining fabricated/machined product acceptance to aerospace quality standards using a variety of inspection gauges and specifications.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform incoming, in-process and final dimensional inspection using a variety of gages; micrometers, calipers, test indicators, height gages, based on the drawing of the product to be measured.
- Perform visual inspection against internal/customer specifications using good judgment regarding workmanship issues.
- Document inspection results per customer requirements.
- Perform daily checks of gauges for calibration deviations.
- Identify, document, and analyze defects deviation and corrective actions within the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Generate and process NCR documentation on discrepant product.
- Assist Estimating, Planning, Programming, and Manufacturing in special projects as appropriate.
- Recommend corrective actions and works closely with other Quality Control personnel to ensure timely resolution.
- Participate in new part introduction process including verification and documentation of First Articles.
- Complete/assemble/submit First Article documentation (AS9102) to customers via email or web portal.
- Conduct process/product audits and report findings. Participate in process improvement activities.
- Maintains all relevant quality documentation related to the position.
- Verify sub-supplier operations by comparing supplier certification documents against detailed customer standards.
- Manage or generate all associated detailed documentation including supplier certs, internal certs, inspection documents, etc. Reconcile discrepancies with company personnel, and external suppliers.
- Assist management procedures in preparation for multiple internal audits each year.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Aerospace or Commercial Manufacturing.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Advanced blue-print reading skills including knowledge of dimensioning and tolerance.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite.
- CMM experience preferred.
- A valid state driver’s license preferred.
- Must be either a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (In order to comply with U.S. government regulations as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20), or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
- A pre-employment drug screen may be required.