Quality Control/Safety Manager
Where: Fort Lee, VA
Type: Full Time, Exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and a robust wellness program
Skookum, an award-winning, non-profit, government and commercial contractor seeking a dynamic and dedicated Quality Control/Safety Manager to join our team. Skookum provides world class customer service, so our customers meet their mission and we meet ours; “Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities”.
As a Skookum Quality Control/Safety Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all data and operational administrative systems for Safety and ISO Quality Systems at Fort Lee, Virginia. This individual will serve as Quality Control and Safety Inspector/Manager to ensure that all Contract requirements are met while supporting all division managers, providing training and development for site personnel for the overall success of the division.
- Manage safety and possess working knowledge of OSHA regulations, USACE EM 385-1-1 and ANSI standards.
- Manages QC/Safety employees and related workload. Trains, motivates, counsels and evaluates assigned staff; reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
- Develop, implement and maintain Site Specific Safety Plan (SSSP).
- Develop a Quality Control Plan and perform daily, weekly and monthly Quality Control inspections.
- Develop, implement and enforce Contract Deliverables, contract plans and site specific training plans.
- Develop, implement and audits ISO processes.
- Analyzes results and make recommendations to the system managers for measuring performance results, objectives and efficiency of the quality and safety systems.
- Manages collateral duty safety representatives that span cross-functional shops to meet the needs of the corporation.
- Leads a regional program with overall responsibility for quality, safety and health matters in support of Skookum’s small business units (SBU).
- Develops and implement quality, safety and health programs in support of Corporate safety goals, initiatives, accident prevention and management.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing the needed quality, safety and health strategy programs and education.
- Works closely with Home Office managers, office safety and quality coordinators, Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) groups.
- Leads and coordinates office to establish programs to address accident trends and regulatory requirements and reduce illness and injury occurrences, severity and costs.
- Collaborates with commercial offices and groups to communicate Corporate Quality and Safety & Health development, communication, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Establishes a network to facilitate communications, share best practices, coordinate program development, and solve problems across all offices.
- Participates and leads in investigations of all injuries and cooperates in preparation of material evidence for company use in hearings, lawsuits, federal and state safety-related audits and investigations.
- Trains and educates all offices in use of OSHA guidelines to identify and analyze safety process improvements.
- Tracks successful utilization of quality and safety systems and address gaps and needs.
- Teams with other general managers to coordinate programs and training activities and share best practices across all regions.
- Actively provides education and training to all offices and lead processes in regulatory requirements and leadership actions to drive safety.
- Partners with production areas to influence safety and quality strategy.
- Train, manage and evaluate safety and quality system performance.
- Ensures the highest level of quality and customer service is provided to our internal and external customers.
- Identify procedures that require updating, implement recommended changes, and make modifications as required.
- Analyze all requests from customers to enable proper management, investigation and communication of issues.
- Partners with managers and customers to facilitate change and communicate procedures and policies or issues that will or could impact the department.
- Responds to/troubleshoots internal and external customer questions, issues and requests.
- Helps perform quality reviews and audit of proposals throughout the department to verify quality and safety controls.
- May develop and compile reports and budgets for the department.
- Participates in the design and development of the new departmental quality and safety tools.
- Minimum of 3-5 years combined Quality and Safety related work experience.
- Possess a strong track record in production, processing, construction, and/or operations.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations, USACE EM 385-1-1 and ANSI standards.
- Lead Supervisor license, OSHA 10 or 30 Trainer, First Aid-CPR Trainer preferred.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to and use a variety of database applications.
- Experience in process safety, and risk analysis preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with formal process hazards analysis techniques including HAZWOPER.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access.
- Valid Driver’s license required. Must be able to obtain and maintain approval to operate a vehicle by Skookum’s insurance carrier