As a Relationship Banker, you will help clients achieve financial well-being through deep customer relationships and a thoughtful understanding of their needs, to offer the best and most appropriate personal and business financial products and services. You will also provide sales and service support to the Retail Store team and serve as the primary new account and loan originator for the store.
- Build, develop and deepen customer relationships through active market profiling, and needs-based questioning to identify deposit, credit, and investment solutions to help customers achieve their financial goals. Solutions include, services and current technologies the Bank offers that are available for customer convenience. Educate customers on alternative channels that provide value, and then refer to appropriate lines of business.
- Establish preset appointments, deliver quality Financial Wellness Review conversations, identify needs, make recommendations and follow up.
- Assist the customer with their financial growth through savvy advice and educating the customer on alternative channels that provide value and refer to appropriate lines of business. Develop strong partnerships with Operations Leaders, Financial Advisors, Mortgage Advisors, Small Business colleagues and other line of business partners focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively manage those partnerships.
- Originate simple to complex consumer lending inside the Store.
- Originate limited Small Business loans as well as provides cash management solutions, such as Treasury Management and Merchant Services, payroll and ACH.
- Recognize a small business with potential and make a quality referrals to the proper team.
- Cross-sell other bank services and refer customers to other departments as appropriate.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of banking and/or demonstrated sales experience.
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources in banking or retail environment with customer service and cash handling experience.
- 1 year experience in a lending function with loan origination and processing functions, or equivalent training. This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Reg Z.
- Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking. Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
Registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiates a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or, refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee's assessment of the consumer's financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO), for compensation or gain. All MLO's will be required to register as a MLO complying with the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
- This position is NOT authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and thus subject to specific Truth-in-Lending Act and Regulation Z Loan Originator requirements.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- occasional walking
- lifting up to 10 pounds
- Frequent local travel.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.