Washington Energy Service is the leading Home Improvement Company in the Puget Sound Area. We have a strong commitment to providing “Home Comfort” through sales, installation, and service of Heating and Cooling Systems, Energy Efficient Windows, Exterior Doors, and Vinyl Siding.
The Residential Electrician, while reporting to the Field Manager, is expected to facilitate all aspects of a given installation. Customer communication, set up, install and clean up are the Electricians responsibility. Working with Assistants, the Electrician is required to oversee all aspects of the job. If difficulties arise, they are expected to inform their Field Manager while at the same time offering up solutions to keep installations as efficient as possible. Excellent communication, quality workmanship, attention to detail, and hard work, are all job requirements:
- Support/Complete installation of electrical components for HVAC and other related products which include: Furnaces, Fireplaces, Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Air Quality Products, Emergency Generators, Lighting/Power Outlets, Appliance Outlets
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to improve skills.
- Training apprentices/Electrical Assistants when available.
- Creation of shared leads and add-on-sales.
- Following company guidelines for safety, handbook requirements, timecards and any other management policies.
- Loading/unloading/restocking of truck with necessary equipment/materials to complete day’s jobs.
- Oversee proper set up and protection at job site to ensure a safe worksite and customer satisfaction.
- Review of job packet with Foreman/Field Manager to understand necessary actions and formulate plans.
- Reviewing scope of work with customer and demonstrating equipment. Ensuring customer has understanding of scope of project.
- Acquire necessary licenses/permits for completed work.
- Construction and fabrication of electrical/wiring components.
- Running proper wiring/conduit which may include removal of drywall.
- Proper disposal of waste and recyclable materials in company dumpsters.
- Daily reporting of project/issues/hours to Field manager.
- Working in Warehouse as fill in when requested.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- 01/02 Residential Electrician’s License Required at all times and must be kept current and in good standing.
- Ability to use power tools, hand tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Providing personal hand tools (company provides power tools).
- Maintain excellent driving record.
- Maintain clean and organized truck.
- Maintain professional presentation (clean uniform, acceptable grooming, courteous and professional communication with customers and co-workers)
- Mechanical knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- 75% or more of day spent standing, walking, crawling, crouching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and operating tools.
- Ability to lift 100 or more pounds multiple times a day/hold 100 or more pounds for a period of time.
- Comfortable working in extreme environmental conditions including but not limited to: Wet and humid weather, working near mechanical or moving parts, working on a ladder or roof, working in extreme cold or heat, in and around electrical, explosive or toxic conditions with the risk of shock, explosions and/or inhalation of particles and fumes.
Compensation: Competitive Wage, Medical/Dental, Paid Time Off and 401k for eligible employee’s.