The Security Analyst demonstrates a high level of technical competency with primary responsibility for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all enterprise data in accordance with established security frameworks. The Security Analyst will be the liaison for all network infrastructure security communications, particularly for all vulnerabilities or breeches and investigations. The Security Analyst maintains responsibility for the policies and procedures that secure all data within enterprise applications and databases; this includes but is not limited to the Risk Analysis and Contingency Plans. The Security Analyst will be accountable for all internal and external audits or assessments as well as the remediation of all identified risks.
- Performs remote monitoring and analysis of systems-related events and operations.
- Analyzes and ensures that events, incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and service levels, including supporting documentation.
- Performs analysis and investigation of logs, trends, alerts, notifications and other event or operational indicators.
- Develops, implements and supports NIST hardening baseline standards.
- Drafts industry standard policies and guidelines.
- Supports the containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident.
- Partners with Application Development team to apply security risk assessment methodology to system development.
- Works with technicians to continually refine access privileges, control structures and appropriate resources.
- Implements security improvements through evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Monitors the network with the use of security incident and event management (SIEM) and logging environments for early warning of abnormalities or problems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting IT security, including broad knowledge of networks, applications and IT infrastructure.
- Strong experience with debuggers and disassemblers; (malware analysis through reverse engineering, protocol analysis and log analysis; intrusion analysis through reverse engineering, log analysis, forensic disk examination and system review.)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to coordinate efforts with team members and customers effectively.
- Utilizes IT Service Management tools and techniques related to tracking, documenting and reporting operational performance.
- Ability to use critical thinking to analyze along with informed judgement to determine priorities and actions.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer focus skills with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with others easily.
- The ideal candidate will have BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.