Senior Business Development Manager AWS Marketplace – Business Applications
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace team is looking for an experienced Sr. Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced team and help build the Business Applications category with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) products across multiple software markets. Business Applications are coming from multiple functions in companies, such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Content Management Systems (CMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Contact Centers, Human Capital Management (HCM) etc. As a Business Development Manager within AWS Marketplace, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our mission to bring Amazon’s e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered, purchased, and deployed by AWS customers. You will work closely with teams across AWS to develop the strategic vision for Business Applications, build and execute a comprehensive Go-To-Market plan with selected sellers. You will need to build relationships with ISVs including market leaders, high profile ISVs as well as start-ups across various categories of horizontal business applications. You will own critical aspects of the AWS Marketplace business, from defining new categories, to influencing AWS stakeholders including Product Management, Engineering and working with ISVs to influence their product strategy, roadmap and delivering software for AWS customers in a new cloud model.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development background that enables them to engage at the CXO/VP level (internal & external), a proven track record to drive programs or projects from very early stages through execution to launch as well as an understanding of the software market holistically. The candidate will also have in-depth market and technical knowledge of specific software segments such as CRM, e-commerce, Collaboration, ERP, HCM, CMS, Contact Center or other solutions. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the customer, business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of sales and business development goals. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these partners including on-boarding, business alignment, partner go-to-market approvals, etc., you will be responsible for driving future revenue opportunities and overall end-customer adoption across one or more software markets and customer segments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Ability to define and develop strategic business plans for a specific software market targeting ISV recruitment, revenue and GTM goals.
· Identify specific customer and business segments as well as industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
· Execute a strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., service teams, legal, support).
· Work with new ISVs to educate them on the value proposition of AWS Marketplace as a new cloud channel and help them align business and technical requirements
· Work with existing ISV product teams, business development and field organizations to define and execute joint go-to-market programs.
· Position AWS Marketplace for internal adoption by the partner organization.
· Understand and use Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a partner liaison to the AWS legal group.
· This position will be located in Seattle and will involve 30% travel.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent professional or military experience
· 10+ years of significant business development or program management experience.
· 7+ years of partner experience working across the software ecosystem, channels and technology companies.
· 5+ years of experience working within enterprise software development industry.
· 3+ years of experience in cloud computing technology or utility pricing models.
· MBA or Graduate degree.
· Knowledge of e-commerce and online marketplaces.
· Strong technical understanding and knowledge of partner ecosystem of one or more line of business SW markets, preferably with experience managing a partner channel in that SW market.
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence ISV product management, business decision makers and C-level executives.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences. –
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
· Prior experience in IT or Management Consulting firms defining and delivering projects
· Experience with varying software licensing models.
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation, Age
· Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records