PeopleTec is currently seeking a Senior Modeling, Simulation, Software and Analysis (MSS&A) Engineer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The Senior MSS&A Engineer will provide modeling, simulation, software and analysis support for the Army Program Executive Office (PEO) Missiles and Space (M&S) Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Accelerated Integration to Counter Emerging Threats (AICET) program. The candidate will work in a collaborative team environment consisting of government, industry contractors and Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDC) personnel in support of the program goals. The MSS&A engineer plays a key role by contributing to the development of analysis products that support SoS and System level engineering decisions, interoperability assessments, formal and informal engineering reviews and technology readiness assessments for Missile Defense System architectures and the associated component designs. The senior-level MSS&A engineer will be comfortable leading a small 5 7 person team in the execution of complex model, simulation, software development projects and utilizing these products for analysis activities. The ideal candidate will have MSS&A SoS experience including Subject Matter Expertise (SME) within the battle management, sensors and weapons components associated with two or more of the following:
- Army IAMD Battle Command System (IBCS)
- Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC)
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD)
- Indirect Fire Protection Capability (IFPC)
- Mobile Short Range Air Defense (MSHORAD)
- Patriot Advanced Capability 3 (PAC-3)
- AEGIS Combat System
- A preference exists for candidates that have algorithm design experience in the areas of; track management, engagement processing, counter artillery, rocket and mortar (ARM), non-cooperative target recognition, sensor fusion, sensor tasking, and system composite track formation for tactical net-centric Air and Missile Defense (AMD) applications.
- 10+ years of modeling and simulation experience, including 6DOF level fidelity, for complex DoD or Aerospace applications
- 5+ years of software development experience in an object orientated environment such as C++, Java, C#, Python
- 3+ years developing system concept, architecture, functional/behavioral and performance models within an MBSE environment
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) with System-of-Systems (SoS) performance optimization
- Experience working in as well as developing Open Architecture Simulation Frameworks for complex, dynamic SoS performance assessments
- Familiarity with the use of Matlab/Simulink
- High level of comfort working in an environment that includes advancing the state-of-the-art in Systems Engineering (SE) processes
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated SW/Sim product development successes leading small-to-mid size teams
- Capability to use the Microsoft Office package to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Travel: 10%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (EE, ME, AE, SE, CE, CISE) with a minimum of 15 years of engineering experience; OR a completed Master's Degree with a minimum of 13 years of engineering experience; OR a completed PhD in Engineering field with a minimum of 9 years of engineering experience.
- Experience with Supervised Machine Learning algorithms such as linear regression, support vector machines, and/or neural networks within the context of Decision Theory concepts.
- Experience with PEO M&S Enterprise Solutions' Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) with emphasis on Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) constructs.
- Experience with MBSE commercial tools such as IBM Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software/Systems Engineers, Sparx System Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw or other SysML/UML based tools.
- Experience translating UML/SysML data artifacts to physics based 6DOF simulation frameworks.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.