PeopleTec is currently seeking a Senior Research Scientist - Meteorology to support our Huntsville, AL location.
Peopletec is seeking a senior level research scientist with experience in numerical meteorology to join our team. The candidate will join an integrated development team to develop models and simulations in support of an emerging weapon system.
- Background in computational physics
- Good math skills, especially statistics
- Strong software and scripting programming
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Travel: 5%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
10+ years of experience; Master's in Physics, Atmospheric Science, Geo-Science or related field is required.
- C/C++/C#, Fortran, Python Linux and Windows OS familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) background in meteorology experience with National Blend of Models (NBM)
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.