Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
The purpose of the Shop Supervisor position is to utilize the mechanical expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will be responsible for the training, development and management of all of the heavy equipment mechanics, yard workers and utility workers, appraising their performances and utilizing the most cost-effective means for maintenance and repair of all rental and service equipment. The candidate will also insure all that all service calls are handled in a professional and precise manner at the highest standards of quality. This incumbent is a master technician and assumes a leadership role of product knowledge within the branch and acts as a professional representative of Herc Rentals with our customers. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
- Develop consistent and regular schedules for all of the mechanics and yardworkers to perform various types of maintenance on heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and propane systems
- Must be able to operate equipment such as boom lifts, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulics, pumps and assorted tools and equipment
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with our customers
- Satisfy and audit, in a timely manner, all required documentation, timesheets, checklists, receiving records and repair order and maintenance logs
- Manage and order various parts for the equipment
- Supervise the work area into a clean and organized workspace
- Assist mechanics with other duties
- Assist with general service and maintenance record keeping
- Perform additional duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
Valid driver’s license
Own a general mechanic’s tool set, capable of supporting a heavy equipment fleet, and be willing to expand their own personal tool collection
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Ability to read and comprehend the standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Customer service
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform basic computer operations
- Understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.