Have questions about this role? Start a chat with the recruiter today!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Interested in enabling AWS expansion across the globe? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The Team: As part of providing a powerful, flexible and secure foundation for managing AWS regions, we are building a new product to enable partners around the world to manage AWS regions. This team is redefining the way AWS designs, builds and operates regions. We deliver products by working backwards from unique customer requirements for broader applicability to AWS’ global regions.
We are in search of an experienced Software Developer to develop critical products for our customers to enable AWS to expand its global footprint. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Join a team of passionate, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, Ruby, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
· Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
· Experience with Java, Ruby and/or Python
· Intermediate knowledge of computer networking concepts and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
· Strong communication skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling, systems testing, and enterprise application integration
· Domain expertise in one or more of the following: security, mobile applications, big data analysis, software testing, user interface design
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**