Have questions about this role? Start a chat with the recruiter today!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Experienced in building and leading teams of highly competent software engineers? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The Team: We're an agile, independent team working to build a brand new AWS product. This team is redefining the way AWS designs, builds and operates regions. We deliver products by working backwards from unique customer requirements for broader applicability to AWS’ global regions.
We are in search of an experienced Software Developer to develop critical products for our customers, and offer excellent technical support. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Join a team of passionate, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
· 1-2+ years experience developing prototypes for each phase of development, from startup through launch and beyond.
· 3+ years of professional experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using such as Java, C#, or C++, and Object-Oriented Design.
· Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in communicating with end users, technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, define software product features, technical designs and product strategy
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer networking and information security
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
· 2+ years of AWS experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**