Software Development Manager – AWS IoT Device Software Team
Want to work on early stages of an AWS services?
AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Device Software. If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when the power of cloud and ubiquitous connected devices are combined – from interactive smart buildings, autonomous mines, self-monitoring medical devices, precision agriculture and more, we have the right role for you.
IoT refers to a system of physical devices, from cars, light bulbs, sensor grids and more, that connect to the Internet. There will be 50 billion connected devices in 2020 if current trends continue, and any powered device can become connected.
We are looking for an innovative, talented, self-directed Software Development Manager (SDM) to lead the effort on a new initiatives focused on Industrial IoT. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, ability to think big about product operator experience, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience driving cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects with multi-industry impact. The candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and for the business and technology impacts that IoT represents.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 8+ years experience building successful production software systems.
· 4 years management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership.
· Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems.
· Understanding of developing software with systems-level performance constraints.
· Ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Familiarity with IoT technology stack and metrics.
· Experience in driving systemic operational improvements.
· 6+ years management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Strong results orientation
· Thinks big
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation