At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft’s Infrastructure engineers are responsible for building the systems and tools that make our teams productive and the technology stack that powers the applications our customers use every day. We believe standing up a healthy service should be fast, standardized, and intuitive. We can run Lyft on our laptops on the first day. We can ship code to our customers continuously. We’re empowered to use tools and technologies that provide the Lyft community with the best possible experience.
As an engineer on our team, there’s no limit to the impact you can have on the business. All of our engineering teams are responsible for deploying and supporting their own services, and because of this they look to us for advice, guidance, and stability. We anticipate Lyft’s driver, passenger, and engineering growth, and we build systems that support it. We invest heavily in infrastructure because we know that engineers are happiest when they’re shipping code.
We believe in picking the right tools for the job, whether that means evaluating third party vendors or building something in house. We aren’t dogmatic about technologies and we adapt our systems based on the needs of the organization. Currently you’ll find us writing Python and Go, and integrating our services with a suite of Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Salt, and Docker just to name a few.
- Developing and maintaining the platform that runs all of Lyft’s services
- Writing and maintaining cloud automation software and internal tools to support developers deploying, running and monitoring individual Lyft services
- Championing best practices for building scalable and reliable services
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Contributing your ideas on how we can continuously improve our systems and processes
Experience & Skills:
- Experience with UNIX systems administration including solid scripting skills in Shell, Python, or PHP
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience running Docker containers in a variety of environments
- Experience building and running RESTful web services on the AWS platform
- Contributions to open source projects
- A passion for sustainability and/or transportation
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.