At Amazon Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce (WW R&R), we aspire to zero: zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects.
We are an agile, innovative organization dedicated to ‘making zero happen’ to benefit our customers, company, and environment. We are constantly innovating to create long-term value at Amazon by investing in the future and focusing on the planet, not just on the bottom line. WW R&R includes business, product, program, operational, data, and software engineering teams, who together manage the lifecycle of returned and damaged products.
In this role, you will be working with product managers, software developers, program managers and operational partners to improve the customer return experience and re-commerce programs. You will champion global Amazon processes, identify improvement opportunities, devise strategies, and guide and implement the improvement effort worldwide. You will be a leader, required to collaborate cross-functionally with technical, operations, and business retail teams to design scalable and automated solutions to customer problems.
Amazon is Earth’s most customer-centric company and through WW R&R, the Earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce team!
The preferred location for this role is Seattle, Washington.
We will also consider the following locations:
Las Vegas - Nevada
Hebron, Louisville, or Lexington, Kentucky
· Bachelor's degree
· Five or more years’ experience leading large scale, cross-functional, new initiatives or continuous improvement programs in operations or technology.
· Experience in a product, program, and/or project management role creating a roadmap, collecting requirements, prototyping, testing, launching and operationalizing new major products or services to hand over for standardization.
· Experience with business analysis, measuring the success of a complex business process, and proposing new business opportunities based on data.
· Experience communicating goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels, and facets of an organization.
· Ability to travel up to 25%.
· Master's degree in supply chain, engineering (any field), operations, business administration, or a related field, plus at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
· Experience with reverse logistics.
· Independent and flexible, with high-motivation to delight the customer.
· Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
· Strong detail-orientation with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and motivate project team members to achieve goals.
· Strong written communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with iterative development and the Agile methodology.
· High proficiency user of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project).
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.